Last week we released our newest stable build, version
1.2.6; marking 6 months since our last progress report. During this time, many quality of life features have been implemented to make the emulator easier and more enjoyable to use, graphics have taken another step forward, and our audio emulation has finally reached a mature point where there are features yet to be implemented, but what's implemented now works great.
- Combined per-mesh and per-triangle polygon sort options into a new and improved per-strip option. This new option isn't as accurate as our per-pixel option, but it improves on both of the previous options for users without OpenGL 4.5 support.
- Refactored thread synchronization code between emulation and graphics thread to reduce CPU usage and improve performance on dual core systems.
- Added support for JIT compiling the AICA's ARM CPU code for a ~10% perf gain.
- Optimized scheduler code for a ~5% perf gain.
- Optimized basic block linking code.
- Sort mode of passes not always being correctly honored (Tony Hawk menus).
- Sorting of punch through polygons (Test Drive Le Mans car decals, SGGG Segagaga menus).
- Alone in the Dark rebooting when selecting a character with the HLE BIOS.
- Ignore window resize events on minimize to avoid renderer restarts.
- License screen not showing when using the HLE BIOS.